Discuss Abandoned power station in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

don't let tony see that. he'll be round there with his spanners.LOL.

aw, kiss and cuddle. life's too short.trust me. you don't realise it till you get older and wonder where the days have gone. some days, i even wonder where the beer's gone.

Intresting stuff, never know what you're gonna find in them pennine moors.

Like the gennys. A factory I used to work in had a stand by...WW2 german e-boat engine...never knew of it being needed but used to fire it up every couple of months for a run, noisy but nice.

ps. Wish I could have filmed it with my mobile, trouble is it's best part of 40 years ago. Goodness knows what became of it.

Last edited:
Thanks Glenn enjoyed that. Would love a rummage around there!
its interesting is stuff like that....

theres one not too far from Tel....next to a refinery...called Weston Point...

you can see it from the motorway

LR%20Weston%20Point%20Power%20Station.jpg

View attachment untitled.bmp

went past that an hour or so ago. at rock savage, yes?

now you've lost me. the weston point i know is just outside runcorn.

Intresting stuff, never know what you're gonna find in them pennine moors.

Like the gennys. A factory I used to work in had a stand by...WW2 german e-boat engine...never knew of it being needed but used to fire it up every couple of months for a run, noisy but nice.

ps. Wish I could have filmed it with my mobile, trouble is it's best part of 40 years ago. Goodness knows what became of it.

theres this on youtube...its a uboat engine from the first world war (1917) powering a generator...it was never fitted to a uboat....the war ended before it could be installed into a u-boat...its in holland...

check it:

MAN F6V35 World War 1 U-boat diesel engine load run - YouTube

M.A.N. U-boat diesel engine Running - YouTube

M A N Motor. U-boat diesel engine. Duikboot motor. - YouTube

M.A.N. U-boat diesel engine Start up - YouTube

Good video...

I love all that, abandoned places especially linked to electrikery...

Had a walk around an abandoned large industrial site switch room (More of a building than a room) and boiler house once. Some of of the switch room had suffered a fire at one point, been re-stored and re-instated. You could see all the evidence of it. Just find it all interesting poking around and having a wander. Its a rare these days to see places exactly how they where left many years ago as the pikeys have usually been round and stripped the place...

Reply to Abandoned power station in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net