Discuss Able Skills Dartford in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

phawk

I am currently training at Able Skills in Dartford (I'm about half way through my G&G2330 Level 3).

I've started at the beginning, I've completed the C&G 2330 level 2, building regs, and 17th edition. I do 1 weekend on, 1 off.

This is my 2nd time around career wise, I am a qualified mechanical engineer and have been to a few colleges and training centres in my time.

I am posting this as I feel that this training centre deserves some praise on this forum. I literally cannot fault them.

No problems with materials/stock as mentioned in a previous post, in fact quite the opposite, their stores always seem to be full. I have been to a few state colleges where you have one piece of equipment between 4.

They supply you with your own set of tools, all decent stuff, CK mostly.

They are yours to keep. All text books are supplied, except for the BS7671 17th Edition book.

My tutor, Richard Mannell seriously knows his stuff. I've been lucky enough to have been taught by him through all of the courses and I'm grateful for it. He teaches to a high level, but makes sure that he doesn't leave anyone behind. And a nice bloke too!

Steve the technician is great, always around when you need him, friendly and quick to give advice and guidance if you ask for it.

Angela who basically runs the administrative side of the centre is also really helpful. She explains the course contents and timetables really clearly. She seems to keep the place running smoothly, which is pretty impressive as there's a lot going on. I would probably like her more if I didn't have to hand her my debit card every other week (joke Angela, I promise ;)).

Bottom line is, re training later in life is expensive. But there are worse places to hand your money over to if you want to train for a new career, I promise you. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, there are blokes coming from all over the country to train here. The centre provides decent accommodation for £20 a night.

The only thing they could do with is a canteen, but there's a burger van walking distance that's open until late morning on a Saturday, and a vending machine. And as much free tea/coffee as you can drink!

Dartford town centre isn't too far away.

I second everything Paul said. Currently on same course but doing Mon to Fri. Accommodation is a reasonable standard for 20 day.

Reply to Able Skills Dartford in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net