Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss ac unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wolfiehogan

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hi guys. i am on holidays now and am seeing a lot of ac unit in the hotels. i have never wired one before and was just wondering what all is to it. could somebody explain them to be and a wiring diagram would be great also and maybe some common faults they have and how to repair, thanks

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Best advice I can give you is......
Stop thinking about bloody work and enjoy your holidays !

W

wolfiehogan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
lol yous all sound like the woman

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
Reminds me of the AC unit in a hotel room in San Pedro, flex run down to the socket outlet and connected using a couple of nails...

And no, it didn't work... I had to find a bar to stay cool in whilst drinking rum and coke... :)

O

oldtimer

Are you serious you aint going to get all of this on a post but here is a start if it is a stand alone AC unit say in a hotel room you have a mains supply to the internal unit and a link or control wiring from that to the condenser unit . AC is just a form of heat transfer between the 2 units via refridgerant gas were the liquid gas is flashed off to a vapour this in turn removes the heat from the warm air blowing across the exchanger coil then this is transferred outside to the condenser / compressor unit that turns the hot gas back into a liquid to send back to the unit inside to start the whole cycle again here endith the end of the lesson

S

SKY

Normally I have just supplied a feed for the AC fitters - most small commercial/domestic units are inverter driven.
I normally supply then a 2.5 or 4mm feed via a rotary isolator and they do the rest when they install and commission.
Of course I also check the load before installing conductors.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to ac unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom