Discuss Advice needed please for Electrics DIY - air vent in bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all

DIY newbie here so advice needed please!

Moved into a new house about 6 months ago - there is an air vent in the bathroom which isn't working. We took lid off this afternoon and cleaned it out - it's an AXS100TR/NDX100T model made in UK.

It's connected up somewhere but how do I know if it's turned on and not working, or not on at all etc? If I wanted to get it working what would I do?

Any advice gratefully received - cheers fellas :)

James

Here is a photo

Attachments

• Elec photo.jpg
    611.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Elec photo.jpg
    611.8 KB · Views: 21
Welcome to the forum mate.
Looks like this fan is in the ceiling, is this correct?
It looks like the cables go out and up into the ceiling. Is there access to above the fan, in the loft?
Is there a pull switch inside that bathroom that isolates isn't for the light or shower? Or an isolator switch outside the bathroom?

Oh, and I like your songs....

If you have a suitable voltage meter and know how to use it safely, you should be able to measure if there is power at the fan, the terminals are under the circular lid that pulls off in your photo IIRC.

Maybe obvious, but have a look above the outside of the bathroom door and see if there is an isolator like this.
It could also be in an airing cupboard or the like.

Attachments

• cu1100.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
Welcome to the forum mate.
Looks like this fan is in the ceiling, is this correct?
It looks like the cables go out and up into the ceiling. Is there access to above the fan, in the loft?
Is there a pull switch inside that bathroom that isolates isn't for the light or shower? Or an isolator switch outside the bathroom?

Oh, and I like your songs....

Thanks :) there is access through the loft - no pull switch inside the bathroom or isolator switch outside the bathroom tho

Thanks :) there is access through the loft - no pull switch inside the bathroom or isolator switch outside the bathroom tho

If there is access to where the fan outlet in the loft then see if you can see the wires going to the fan and follow them, if you are comfortable doing that. See where/what they wire to.

Reply to Advice needed please for Electrics DIY - air vent in bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net