Discuss Advices needed for an Italian moving to England in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

alessio b.

Hi guys, i need some advice from you.

As i wrote in my presentation post, i'm Italian, and I'm currently working in Itay as electrician, but i'm going to move to England within week (hopefully before Xmas) to make a new work and life experience.
I wish i could restart doing my job, but from the advices on job search engines, i noticed that to work as an employeed tradesman, and even as a mate, it's required to have different qulifications.
In addition, i began to study British regulations and wiring techniques, and i realized that there are several differences, expecially in wiring teqhniques.
I need your help becouse i'm not sure what's be the best way to move.

Here my background:

-BTEC Level 3 equivalent Diploma as Electronics Technician

-6 years of employment in the same company
-4 years of apprenticeship as electrician, but during while i actually covered a tradesman role.
-Done PPM and reactive maintenance on commercial sites.
-Managed for 2 years a contract for Alarms systems and cctv maintenance (PPM and reactive) for up to 160 commercial sites, plus some new installations.
-Done domestic, commercial and industrial new installations and re-wirings, both electrical and alarm.
-Often worked live, because PPM was carried out during shops open hours.
-Worked a little on photovoltaics during the last year.

In your opinion, it is best for me to restart from the basics, or i can translate some of my experience to restart from a most advanced level?
Considering my school background, should i focus only on the alarm side?

Wishing to start a carrier as employed electrician, Should i apply for the C&G 2357 to gain the Level 3, or is my diploma enough and i can just apply for further
qualifications such as 2382, 2395 etc...?
Should i try to employee as a trainee, or i can just apply for some advanced qualifications (i.e. C&G 2382, required in many job advices) and try to find
job as a mate?

I'll immediatly start working full time as gardener, for a friend in Bedfordshire, as soon as i'll arrive in England, so i wont be able to apply for full
time courses.

I'm sorry for being verbose, but i'm a confused, and i have too many doubts. I hope you guys can help me at least with some of them.

Thanks in advance.

Alessio.

I personally would go for an electricians mate, at least that way you. Can ask the questions you need to ask, get your ECS card ( health and safety) don't worry. About the grading. This will get you on sites in the uk, just go for it, put yourself out there, the courses are expensive, call the JIB and see as your qualifications may be ok,

Forget about England
You can come to Wales.,just try and imagine this, if you happen to get a job you will make the newspaper headlines, it could read something like,starting soon "The Italian Job"
You would be a novelty and probably become an overnight media star,you will be envied above all others in the land

Oh by the way it rains a lot,a awful lot,and often,very often

Resta dove sei amico

Hi guys. thanks for the replies, but.... are you trying to discourage me? Is the situation so critical in UK?

I assure you that Italy is just FUBAR. I want, and i anyway will, leave this country, because i'm bored to work to maintain the caste that led us (toward the abyss). We have a youth unemployment rate of above 30%, it's impossible to have a carrier because business are closing day after day. Nonetheless, authorities are oppressing business, workers and citizens trying to extort more money they can, returning nothing in term of services and whilst great evaders and criminals are unpunished. Not to mention the general attitude of my fellow citizens.

it could be worse , you could still be getting paid in Lira lol
4,000,000 an hour sounds great until you realise it will only buy a stick of gum.

Reply to Advices needed for an Italian moving to England in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net