Discuss After having an electrical rewire - certificates? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Unfortunately very real possibility though..

Negative waves.png

Replacement certificate should be easy to re send if digial, litrelly resave as PDF and email. And with Part P notifocation i always email them myself. Weather it be to the client or to myself so i can print it and hand it over myself.

Replacement certificate should be easy to re send if digial, litrelly resave as PDF and email. And with Part P notifocation i always email them myself. Weather it be to the client or to myself so i can print it and hand it over myself.

Sod that. I paid my scheme £500+ a year. Thats their baby.

Cancel that, how do you email your clients with the compliance cert?

Sod that. I paid my scheme £500+ a year. Thats their baby.

Cancel that, how do you email your clients with the compliance cert?
with NICEIC / Elecsa you simply put the customers email in or have it sent to yourself. in anycase you just click the notify tab and can save the pdf file of the notification/compliance certificate. then print or email it to the customer. all your past notifications are listed and you can reprint as you need to.
its far easier to notify at same time as finalising the EIC than to do it later. its only a few boxes to tick. have them all sent by email and its done.

Can you not check the Part P thing online? I seem to recall looking into it when I replaced my grandparents CU and the details of the notifiable work was listed on the website under their address. No idea what the website was though.

Can you not check the Part P thing online? I seem to recall looking into it when I replaced my grandparents CU and the details of the notifiable work was listed on the website under their address. No idea what the website was though.
Yes, you can. you can type in the postcode on the niceic checkmynotification page if it was one of the certsure schemes and it was done by the books. otherwise the council building control site should have it on, although it can take several weeks to be updated as they get sent the stuff from schemes in batches.

with NICEIC / Elecsa you simply put the customers email in or have it sent to yourself. in anycase you just click the notify tab and can save the pdf file of the notification/compliance certificate. then print or email it to the customer. all your past notifications are listed and you can reprint as you need to.
its far easier to notify at same time as finalising the EIC than to do it later. its only a few boxes to tick. have them all sent by email and its done.

I was with Elecsa. As far as I recall, after completing an EIC, you automatically went to & filled in the notification document. Before finalising, you were given the option of posting, or emailing the completed compliance certificate to your client, each for a small admin fee. I never emailed one to myself, as this also incurred an admin charge, as I recall.

I would save a copy of the EIC (& minor works) as a pdf file. You do not have that facility with the compliance certificate, unless you pay the admin fee. Which was my point.

Thread closed for now.

Reply to After having an electrical rewire - certificates? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net