Discuss Another fire alarm question (sorry!) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
After my previous post.... just covering my @ss as have a large refurb coming up! 250m footprint.

Have asked the question to LABC what system they requred for this one ?

Come back with : Grade B / LD3 (new one for me)

Can any one give me an idea of this may require, done quick google but nothing too clear.
I'll keep looking though.

Thanks Sy

I'd agree with DUSTY, d,
Grade A, the last thing you want is for a different LABC person to come in near to finish and say it should always have been Grade A.

And re B.C, you've put L.A.B.C for both but are they both Local Authority or Private Building Control / Independant?

I'd agree with DUSTY, d,
Grade A, the last thing you want is for a different LABC person to come in near to finish and say it should always have been Grade A.

And re B.C, you've put L.A.B.C for both but are they both Local Authority or Private Building Control / Independant?
LABC for both jobs mentioned, not private ones

I'd agree with DUSTY, d,

We have got it confirmed in writing though direct from LABC, so hopefully this would be enough proof if so

This is really interesting as I was under the impression that grades B and E got dropped in BS5389:2019 (part 6).

Grade B used to be "A FD&A. system comprising fire detectors (other than smoke and heat alarms), fire alarm sounders and CIE that either conforms to the requirements of Grade A above or to “Annex C” of this part of BS5839.

It this were me I'd be double checking with whoever said Grade B.

EDIT - I think I'm right: BS 5839-6: 2019 Summary - Safelincs - https://www.safelincs.co.uk/a-summary-of-the-bs5839-6-2019/

This is really interesting as I was under the impression that grades B and E got dropped in BS5389:2019 (part 6).

Grade B used to be "A FD&A. system comprising fire detectors (other than smoke and heat alarms), fire alarm sounders and CIE that either conforms to the requirements of Grade A above or to “Annex C” of this part of BS5839.

It this were me I'd be double checking with whoever said Grade B.

EDIT - I think I'm right: BS 5839-6: 2019 Summary - Safelincs - https://www.safelincs.co.uk/a-summary-of-the-bs5839-6-2019/

Thanks Tim appreciate the heads up…. Certainly will be double checking, looks like they’re quoting old regs then !

Copy of email from LABC

Attachments

• 33F8DC55-696D-4655-932A-2E9F4CE9CC7B.jpeg
    516.8 KB · Views: 21

Reply to Another fire alarm question (sorry!) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net