Discuss Another Immersun Thread in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MicraShed

Aaaargh - attempt 2!
I typed loads and the damn computer swallowed it all up :93:

I have been asked for some data on my experience with the Immersun proportional control device - so here is my data to date and some background information ( the pictures are clickable to see larger versions):-

GRAPH IMMERSUN VS GENERATION by Micrashed

The PV array was installed in July 2012 and went live on the 21/07/12 (following a bit of a setback)
It is a 10x 25w HJ Panel system SSE facing just South of Preston lashed to a Fronius IG30 inverter...

Fronius with second string added by Micrashed

I monitor the output in a rather rough and ready way via one of the many monitorng devices on the market - this one was a freebie from Scotish Power...

Distribution Board by Micrashed

The exiting set up is this:
1970's 4 bed semi detached house (Rockwool cavity wall insulation, rockwool loft insulation, new double glazed windows with 20mm gap and argon filled units on all the North facing windows, 20mm air on the south facing aspect.

1995 Baxi 50,000BTU wall mounted boiler, 96L copper Primatic hot water cylinder gravity fed from the boiler. Foam jacket plus two rockwool jackets and all pipes lagged with foam. Fitted with a Red Ring 3kW immersion element (about 20" long)

Currently the boiler if shut down for feeding the hot water and the heating - the only gas use is the pilot light and the cooker/hob.

Hot water use daily is 2 baths (which because the immersion temp is set to 75 degrees means I use less hot water to fill the bath, typically using more cold water to fill)
1 dishwasher load (hot fill on an 80 degree cycle)
1 kitchen sink load
numerous hand washing sessions.

Hot water tank loses typically about 5 degrees overnight.

I have not had to "top up" the tank hot water from the boiler or immersion over ride.

I estimate payback for the immersun to be about 3.5 years based on my previous bills and useage but will add more data to this thread as it becomes available.

I have been going through my old 2011/12 bills and comparing with the same period for 2012/13.
It looks as though I have used 2055 kW less gas which at 7.14p/kW is quite a saving - of course it comes in at slightly less than that as so many kW are charged at 7.14p and so many at 3.64p and pf course that varies from quarter to quarter.

Still when I get little graphs like this on my bill it makes me :D

bill compa by Micrashed

Reply to Another Immersun Thread in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net