Discuss Apprenticeship gas or electrics in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello I’ve recently started an electrical apprenticeship was just wondering if I’ve made the right choice between that and doing gas in terms of money in the future and job opportunities, thank you

Hello I’ve recently started an electrical apprenticeship was just wondering if I’ve made the right choice between that and doing gas in terms of money in the future and job opportunities, thank you

Considering that they are intending to remove gas appliances from houses then I'd say you have make the correct choice.

You can be GasSafe and Part Pee at the same time , you don't have to be one or the other

My mate is a wet pants , gas fitter and an niceic domestic spark as well

I'm not trying to sound like a sanctimonious old fart but long term, being happy in what you are doing is more important than money. Both trades have decent earning potential as @nicebutdim said.

As someone who previously walked away from an excellent salary, and more recently gave up a business to re-train, I can certainly echo that sentiment.

You can be GasSafe and Part Pee at the same time , you don't have to be one or the other

My mate is a wet pants , gas fitter and an niceic domestic spark as well
Would doing both be a good idea then how would I go about that after completing my electrical apprenticeship or should I do the gas one first ?

Hi Pcan, I hope you’re enjoying your apprenticeship?
As a newcomer to the trade industry, I asked myself the same question. I came to the conclusion that the renewable energies mostly involve electricity. Cars are so far headed toward electric. Heating & lighting are commonly electrically based. I couldn’t say the same for gas and therefore decided that electric was the current way forward.
That said, if I had the option of free training (as opposed to self funded), I would definitely take the opportunity to do both! Don’t know if this helps but I appreciate others thoughts too. All the best. :)

You are all wrong , my brother is a painting and decorating contractor and makes £400 per day. All he needs is a van , steps , roller and a few brushes

🙃

You are all wrong , my brother is a painting and decorating contractor and makes £400 per day. All he needs is a van , steps , roller and a few brushes

🙃
Whereas you, dusty, make your money by selling excess screwdrivers…😄

Gas or electric…. You may be asking a biased audience here. We’ll all say electric, as that’s the path we chose.

Ask the same question in a gas engineer forum, and you’ll get a different answer.

I will repeat what’s been said though…. The country is becoming less reliant on gas…
Electric is the way to go….

But then, when everything goes electric, and the infrastructure fails… blackouts…
Everyone will have an old supersare gas heater pumping out excess Co2

Reply to Apprenticeship gas or electrics in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net