Discuss At 17min a little piece of me died in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just in case anyone didn't get the joke:
These guys did this for a joke!
The cable was not even connected to anything behind the socket.

Quite funny actually. ?
I admit I didn’t watch it, or listen…. Just fast scanned through looking for interesting bits…..

if it is a joke, do they clarify that anywhere on the video? Or are diy bods going to think it is real and copy it?

years ago i made my own twister, but not for cpc's. was to twist alarm cable pairs for inside the panels. something like:
1627109462538.png

Others can say more but when I did my engineering degree we spent time in the workshops doing all sorts of crafts from tin-smithing, mould-making, precision machining, lathe work, pipework ...and electrical construction.

We spent a week preparing cables and wires for termination, soldering, crimping, or wiring up a motor control panel, or repairing a damaged multi-core cable and of course we started with wiring a mains plug and one of these multipin plug and socket connectors -

AMPHENOL MIL26 BAYONET-LOCK MULTIPIN AUDIO OB CONNECTORS - https://www.canford.co.uk/AMPHENOL-MIL26-BAYONET-LOCK-MULTIPIN-AUDIO-OB-CONNECTORS

At the end of the week there was a judgement panel and award session conducted by the workshop staff. Great fun and very useful to me in my later life when I was managing teams of technicians and engineers.

Learning not only the best and proper way but the art of doing it well time and time again and knowing why it mattered Something missing from sparky courses methinks.

Recently I managed a competition to supply and install two grid tied 6kW solar pv systems and I let the three bidders know that I would be evaluating their workmanship so wanted to see two examples from each of them. Pleasingly all were good. Maybe the solar pv and regeneration field see the value in good quality workmanship? When I asked the young (28) electrician who did the installation he simply said 'why not do an install to be proud of- it's an extra reward you give yourself for your day's paid work - a bonus like(sic)'. Nicely put.

Last edited:

Reply to At 17min a little piece of me died in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net