Discuss Back in the UK with an Australian Electrical licence in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

serenity.valley

Hi all
I'm new to the forums but have a very big question that no one has been able to answer. I have moved back to the UK recently after living in Australia for a while. I'm a qualified Australian electrician (fitter / mechanic) but I want to get British standard equivalent qualifications. What would be the best courses or licences for a change over or am I better off just doing 17th edition from scratch[.

Cheers

ATTACH=CONFIG]5702[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• no_diy.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 52
Hey there Serenity.valley.

Firstly, welcome back to sunny Britain.....or maybe not :)

I think we can help each other here as I have been and for the past few weeks now researching how to get a job as a spark in Australia and how to go about it.

Anyway more on that later. Do you have your City & Guilds 2330 and NVQ 3? Also, I would agree that you need to get your 17th edition if you haven’t already as nobody will entertain you without that (at least not to my knowledge).

Now, if I have answered your question and I hope I've helped, can you advise me please on how to apply for work in Aus? I am sick to the back teeth of browsing visa sites and some I believe are scams so I'm very dubious about stuff like that.

I have been on more forums than you've had hot dinners and I get a different replies every time. I am so confused. Some say you need sponsorship, others say you need to be TRA 100 % whereas others say its not absolutely needed and others mention 457 visa.

What the hell do I do is it really so hard?

hi serenity valley. try this UK NARIC - Home

it an organisation that find the courses that are compatible with your quals.

aso in other words, they may say that you dont need to do a british city and guilds, as your aussie course is equivelant.
i do think that you will have to do the 17th edition, and if you intend on working for yourself any time soon, or want to do any testing then do the 2391 too.

Hi all
I'm new to the forums but have a very big question that no one has been able to answer. I have moved back to the UK recently after living in Australia for a while. I'm a qualified Australian electrician (fitter / mechanic) but I want to get British standard equivalent qualifications. What would be the best courses or licences for a change over or am I better off just doing 17th edition from scratch[.

Cheers

ATTACH=CONFIG]5702[/ATTACH]

If you have qualified in Australia and been working as an electrician there, your best option is to discuss with NICEIC and explore a shorter route to get into the job market here. Plz follow this link -> NICEIC, the home of electrical contracting excellence - NICEIC Group

Best of luck!

Reply to Back in the UK with an Australian Electrical licence in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net