Discuss Bathroom Mirror Lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

drewman

Some manufacturers have some very strange ideas of how you would go about connecting various lights but I have come across a couple of bathroom mirror lights where for example there's a trailing lead to be connected out the back of the unit and wondered what you guys do to terminate.

I've even had a little open faced unit with 2x 12v spots recessed in the top and the tranny and connection just sits on top...I suppose if they are out of zones technically it's legal but can make you feel a little uncomfortable no?

I fitted a couple of really nice Enluce lights in a bathroom last year. They were chrome rectangular boxes with 3 light shades off of them with a pull cord on the far right side to operate them. However the mounting bracket was a plastic flimsy circular item which secured to the centre of the ftting with a couple tiny self tapping screws and when you pulled the cord the whole light pivoted by around 20mm. Absolutely terrible for actual use but very nice lights. In the end i had to squeeze some silicone behind the fittings at each end for extra support, bit of a bodge but the client agreed to it and was happy with the result

Reply to Bathroom Mirror Lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Everyone! You all seem like a friendly bunch and google keeps referring me back to here but I still cannot find any solid answers so...
Replies
Views
Looking for a little advice and also hopefully some education :) Have recently bought a flat (for which warranty period has expired) which has...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had an electrician fit a new set of led recessed ceilings lights in my bathroom including one which is in my shower cubical. When he has...
Replies
Views
Hi, First post here - so be kind! I'm looking for some advice about the best option for a bathroom LED strip installation. I'm based in Spain...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm a DIY'er based in Hong Kong (same electrical system as the UK), and don't take on new electrical installations naturally, but do try...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock