Discuss becoming part-p in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rob1976

Aright lads,im thinking of becoming part-p and have a few questions, iv been a domestic electrician for 17 years now, I worked as an electricians mate for 8 years and have been on my own for the rest, I only work in domestic houses, I have no official qualifications, just the 8 years of learning the trade from another sparky and reading many books!.
so in order to become part-p would the 5 day course be good enough?, do I need any previous experience to do a 5 day Course?, when I try to join the NIC to become a domestic installer dose the NIC inspection take place while im doing the job or do they just come along once its finshed, in other words is the inspector watching me the whole time im doing the job?
And lastly what other paper work do I need to join, I already have public liability insurance, do I need anything else, like healthy and safety?
any help on this would be greatly appreciated, many thank

cheers mate,can you tell me if they just come to the jobs once you have done them,or do they want to see you do all of the job?

no you can do the jobs thn notify the nic once the jobs are complete and ready for inspection they will send ya a letter out to comfirm a date normaly takes about 6 weeks, when i did mine i got a cansellation and got em out in two weeks you mite want to do the same good luck ;-)

Reply to becoming part-p in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have been working as an electrician under an NICEIC Approved Contractor for the past 10 years. I have my C&G2365 level 1/2/3 (acquired before...
Replies
Views
There's been a few changes recently at the company I work for. 2 electrical supervisors and the contract manager left towards the end of last...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am 17 years old and my main goal was to become an electrician. But I have been hearing from people that becoming a gas safety technician...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Im looking for some information for electrical improvers working abroad. Im currently self funding my way through my electrical course as...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I did a 4 year apprenticeship, finishing in 1994 with C&G 236 parts 1 &2 with AM2. I worked for a few companies and then went in to the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock