Discuss Best CCU is Schneider...Oh no it isn't. Anyone tried Chintz? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Surely a standard 3 phase board with a steel door not a glass one would be satisfactory. Only issue I see is that the doors are side hinged not top hinged, but what are you realistically supposed to do about that?!
I guess you could spring load the door somehow so it shuts by itself, sounds tedious though!

Not sure what the difference is, maybe the housing is welded?
The door could be an issue but have come across 1ph (possibly BG) boards where the cover is hinged at the bottom (so not self closing) but still old as Amd3!

Beg to differ, Schneider and Hager (Part No JK116BA3) are 2 that I've found, just wondered members had come across/used anything else

Interesting .......

Its an invicta board with a different door . Makes a mockery of all the other manufacturers who have the drop down door .

And if the door doesn't close itself what is the point in it being metal

Interesting .......

Its an invicta board with a different door . Makes a mockery of all the other manufacturers who have the drop down door .

And if the door doesn't close itself what is the point in it being metal

They have catches as standard and can be fitted with locks. A gravity closing door is not a requirement of the product standard or the regulations as far as I am aware. I have seen amd3 compliant bottom hinged CUs.

Fitted my first Schneider easi9 today. It was huge, build quality seemed good. Took me a minute to understand what was going on the RCCB leads:rolleyes: Fitted a Chint 5 years ago. It was Ok but havent fitted one since.

I looked at a Chint domestic board at Elex a while ago. Seemed ok. I’d never ever use one because when I see the logo all I see is C U Next Tuesday, and I wouldn’t have it in my house so why should I expect my customers to?
The Schneider Easy9 is an ok board, but I’ve been installing all RCBO boards for some time now and they’re just not geared up for that. Lewden & Hager for me. I do like Crabtree, but my usual wholesaler doesn’t stock them.

Reply to Best CCU is Schneider...Oh no it isn't. Anyone tried Chintz? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net