Discuss Best way of hiding tv cables on concrete wall in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wondering how other people have done this. Would you guys use some pvc trunking giving you access to cables at a later date if needed if you would yous just raggle them into wall?
Most new builds seem to bury a couple lengths of 50 x 50 trunking side by side in the wall so when the people move in they can fish what ever cables they need from low level up to high level

I remember a similar situation years ago and a very fussy customer in Leamington. She didn't want to see any cables in the concrete basement cinema room at all!
Ended up building a false wall battened off the concrete so we could fish down behind it. The room must of cost her an absolute fortune, but a cracking room when it was finished!

If the wall can be chased then I would get the exact cables I need and sink them in the wall then make good.

If they can't be chased in , then some D-line up the wall
It’s a bit of a pain if a job tbh. The tv cable comes in at one point of the wall. The virgin cable another, and then there’s a satellite cable that comes in from the floor. My initial plan was to take them all under the floor and back up where the tvs going to be and raggle them into the wall, but there’s shelving going in for the virgin box etc. the virgin cable is only going to the shelf’s, the tv and sat cable is going all the way to tv.

The amount of cover to reinforcement in a concrete wall, or any concrete structure is calculated for the structural integrity of the building/wall, chasing out the wall compromises that calculation, DON'T DO IT, concrete cancer is a real concern of concrete structures, and electricians are not qualified to cross that professional line, the answer is a false wall in front of the existing, without shot firing or drilling, plug and screwing the battens into the concrete wall, plenty of adhesives around that will do the job.

Reply to Best way of hiding tv cables on concrete wall in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net