• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Bootlace crimps / cutters in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Charlie_

Electrician's Arms
weidmuller stripax plus 2.5
Cuts, strips & crimps
Ferrules are loaded in on a cartridge strip

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member

LeeH

Electrician's Arms
Never seen a combined set but Weidmuller Stripax and a pair of PZ4’s are the panel mans staple.

Charlie_

Electrician's Arms
The blade under the jaws at the top of the handle cuts the wires..
I started using them a few years ago for doing all my control panels, saves me lots of time

James the Spark1976

electricity is it real or just magic?
Electrician's Arms
this is probably the best if you only do one conductor size, there are no changeover jaws so you buy a tool for each conductor size you want.
there is a vid on the site that shows it in operation. please note this is £1000 per size of cable.
I do A LOT of panel work and have not been able to justify the cost.

The one I use day in and out is the stripax one listed above.

https://www.phoenixcontact.com/online/portal/gb?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/gben/web/main/products/subcategory_pages/Mobile_hand-held_tool_P-25-02-11

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
mine are almost same as them, but were £14.99 with a kit of 1200 assorted ferrules included. £170+ jeez. that's a week's beer money.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.