Discuss Bored on Domestic in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Guys the op as been nothing but polite and friendly and accepted everything that's been said so extend him the same courtesy please.

@ the op, I am Industrial/ commercial and believe me it is no fun waiting 60-90 days for your money which usually is a lot more per job than a domestic job, if your good at what you do and enjoy it then keep doing it for now.

Last edited:
As others have said already you have done well with what you have already. Genuinely well done, many can't do it. You must have something about you that has kept you in the game the last four years. NVQ3 2356 is what you need as you can get a grading then and no one can say you are not an electrician. One such as XS training would be worth a shot as they may be able to do something for you re underpinning knowledge drawing from your experience and additional assessment they set for you. In my opinion domestic is better self employed and commercial is better employed.

Last edited:
Much appreciated TJ Anderson, uksparks mentioned XS training. I'm going to dust off the credit card and look into it, if I can fit it in around my commitments I should be able to maintain a wage and gain more certs. The fact they may be able to take past experience into account is very inetersting. Genuinley Ill be looking into it.

Thanks again to all who replied.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Bored on Domestic in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, Im looking for some information for electrical improvers working abroad. Im currently self funding my way through my electrical course as...
Replies
Views
Scottish Borders college, funded by some committee somewhere is offering green technology courses for free. I’ve signed up for a 3 day EV course…...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m an industrial electrical engineer apprentice working at a wastewater treatment plant, I’ve been really enjoying the job which I’ve been...
Replies
Views
Alright everyone, Got a question and looking for some of your opinions. My brother is a qualified electrician and I'll be asking him the same when...
Replies
Views
Hi there, firstly wishing you all good health and happiness 🙂 Just a few questions if you all don’t mind answering for me please.. I’ve just...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock