Discuss A question for those who did the domestic installers course and are now registered with a scheme. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I did a domestic installers course around 10 years ago (blimey time flies!). This is a level 2 qualification. I then registered with Stroma who fully accepted the course as being a sufficient qualification. All Stroma CPS members are now with Napit. I have had one assessment with Napit, they took a picture of the qualification and that was that, no problems.

For a few years now the EAS minimum requirements for QS status has been level 3 (see PDF). I was wondering if any level 2 domestic installers who have been registered for a while ever have any problems or questions raised during their yearly assessment?

I always try to have a bit of ammunition/knowledge about the subject just in case the question is raised. Page 28 of the EAS minimum requirements for QS mentions about accepting new applicants who have already been a QS within the previous 2 years and also for at least 2 years. This makes me feel a little more assured that the level 3 course will not become mandatory for past applicants, but... I just wondered if any of you guys ever have any issues during your yearly assessments?

Attachments

• EAS minimum requirements for QS-see page28.pdf
    517.9 KB · Views: 12
Not quite the sort you mean but yes (ish) I have been at it for 50 years now. I do commercial and domestic. I did a 2397 which in essence is portfolio to level 3 installation I&T and verification. At the time I did a 2395 and was told the 2397 as a level 3 I&T&V, counted as the 2394. Anyway I have always had condition reports as one of my competencies (I showed the inspector from NAPIT over 200 commercial EICR I had done) Now that has been snatched away from me and they will not budge as they want to see the C&G 2394. I still do EICR to hell with them. Bit unfair/blind I think.

I'm sort of in the same boat as the OP in as much as I don't have many bits of paper. NVQ Level 2, did most of an apprenticeship 20 years ago, 16th Edition, 18th Edition, and 2391, and only got into Napit via their former experience C&G 7232 route. So if I left Napit now, I wouldn't be able to re-join.
I've had no problem at annual assessments, I always seem to get the same chap who I get on very well with luckily.

Reply to A question for those who did the domestic installers course and are now registered with a scheme. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock