Discuss Borrowed Neutral on lighting circuit in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

EICR indentifying condition of installation and any remedial work, ie codes 1, 2, 3, and FI. Code 1s, and 2s, remedying to give a satisfactory report. And code 3s either remedying or noted on EIC in comments on existing installation after fitting new board. As with MWC.

i have been lucky in the past where there is a mains smoke in the hallway linked in three core to a smoke on the landing I have put the smokes on with the ground floor lights then linked the smoke detector neutral onto the landing light removing the borrowed neutral

i have been lucky in the past where there is a mains smoke in the hallway linked in three core to a smoke on the landing I have put the smokes on with the ground floor lights then linked the smoke detector neutral onto the landing light removing the borrowed neutral
How does that work? The smoke has a neutral in the three core interlinking it to the upstairs one so how does that get rid of an existing borrowed neutral? In my opinion you're adding to the problem

I guess he's common inch smoke line and neutral with ground floor lights. Disconnecting existing neutral from landing light, and using smoke cct neutral for upstairs light. Not sure I would be happy to do this

- - - Updated - - -

Typo. Commoning not common inch ! Bloody predictive text

My personal opinion is that a ecir should be done before and works take place. Weather the house is being sold or not a board change should not happen until you know the system is safe and compliant to handle it.
I mean you check your parachute after you’ve jumped.

Reply to Borrowed Neutral on lighting circuit in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net