Discuss bt fibre optic query in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The current option isn't fibre all the way to the home either, so you've still got copper between the local cabinet and your house (and that's where the speed degredation takes place). Hopefully the cost will come down with time.

got bt infinity at mine..!! the patch cab is less that 700 yards away so i get super fast speeds!! i used to get 6 or so meg on copper but now hit nearly 34-40 meg..... noticed a vast improvement with streaming love film on my tv as well..!

at £31 all in its pricey but i needed to up my GB usage any way as i was hitting exceeding my 10gb limit so now i have 40gb and better speeds...!

Reply to bt fibre optic query in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys Just first fixing fixing a new build and master BT point needs to be in the basement plant room/ next to rack. BT incomer is overhead...
Replies
Views
I recently came across an electrician who came to my house, hardly spoke a word of English and had a translator with him. I noticed he was wearing...
Replies
Views
OK. I can already feel the eyes rolling I am working in a yard where we are having trouble with vandalism. There is absolutely no way of getting...
Replies
Views
htps://we.tl/t-JHXw09romZ quick share to photo Hi there. I am trying to convert previous cable network cat5e installed when had non fibre in 2015...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I have what looks like a BT telephone line distribution box which was installed over 30 years ago (residential). Photos of it are...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock