Discuss bugger should have checked in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Ran a spur today for a grease trap in a hotel kitchen, I got to the point where I was takeing the face plate of the socket I was spurring off
only to find it was;nt PVC T&E but that bloodly lead sheathed stuff, any way managed to find an alternative, So what was that stuff used for what sort of era was it prevalent in, I have come across it a few times recently odd stuff lead like but more brittle and how the hell was it terminated as a CPC

Pict

20s 30s up to 50s (i think). And the CPC was the lead sheath itself. The metal joint boxes they used with this stuff had clamps on em to grip the sheath and thus provide continuity and as far as i know they were clamped at the board with a cpc to the met....

The best bit about all that old lead cable is when you take it to get weighed in after having done the rewire!!

I did another hotel recently where the 5A socket circuit for lights had all been changed to 13A outlets no real drama as the only thing they were used for was the hoover, smoke machine, and the bandit in the bar, however I left it down in the celler, well underfloor crawl space, and I never thought about the scrap value I need an excuse to back under as there is metres of the stuff

Pict

I used to dump all cut offs and short pieces of at a guy who's mums leccy scooter I maintain but I have started to pile it up it,s amazin just how much is there, so do scrappies give you more if it is stripped,
Pict

It's my lads saturday job - to go through the weeks site waste and recycle the copper and lead. When he's bagged enough to make it worthwhile we weigh it in, and he keeps the dosh. So that's both of us happy. And it's amazing how all those 6" bits of excess 2.5mm TE add up.

Reply to bugger should have checked in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net