Currently reading:
Can a fluke T90 continuity tester be capable of confirming a new light fixture is good to go or not?

Discuss Can a fluke T90 continuity tester be capable of confirming a new light fixture is good to go or not? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have wired light fixtures and hard wired a lot of cookers in the past, been all fine.

I'm now training to be an electrician, the course itself is level 1 electrical installation.

I have just bought my first continuity tester which is a fluke T90 and wondering if this is good enough to test on light fixtures after wiring to see if it's good to go before turning it on?

Thanks for any answers.

Thanks, yes it is 3 plate mate.

Was hoping I got the right kind of tester but nevermind. It's become more clearer what i've got and what I need now that i've been on here so thanks guys.

It will come in handy one day no doubt.
Your T90 should be used a lot for Isolation purposes

Was hoping I got the right kind of tester but nevermind. It's become more clearer what i've got and what I need now that i've been on here so thanks guys.

Hi guys, I have wired light fixtures and hard wired a lot of cookers in the past, been all fine.

I'm now training to be an electrician, the course itself is level 1 electrical installation.

I have just bought my first continuity tester which is a fluke T90 and wondering if this is good enough to test on light fixtures after wiring to see if it's good to go before turning it on?

Thanks for any answers.
John Welcome, If you are currently in training, you could do no better than apply to gain access to the trainee area, doesn't matter how dumb your question may sound to you , or how simple the answer may be, you will get help, without the fear of being ridiculed, for not knowing something, apply to one of the Mods "Westward 10, Sparkychick, Leesparkykent, there are others but it's early and I haven't woken up properly yet, good luck.

Thanks for any answers.
John Welcome, If you are currently in training, you could do no better than apply to gain access to the trainee area, doesn't matter how dumb your question may sound to you , or how simple the answer may be, you will get help, without the fear of being ridiculed, for not knowing something, apply to one of the Mods "Westward 10, Sparkychick, Leesparkykent, there are others but it's early and I haven't woken up properly yet, good luck. You also get a colored icon by your name to donate you as a Trainee,

Thanks for any answers.
John Welcome, If you are currently in training, you could do no better than apply to gain access to the trainee area, doesn't matter how dumb your question may sound to you , or how simple the answer may be, you will get help, without the fear of being ridiculed, for not knowing something, apply to one of the Mods "Westward 10, Sparkychick, Leesparkykent, there are others but it's early and I haven't woken up properly yet, good luck. You also get a colored icon by your name to donate you as a Trainee,

Safe isolation video for you to get your head around JW makes some very good instructional videos

Thanks so much, just woken up and this got to 3 pages already. I understand the purpose of this tester now and seems there isn't a tester for the purpose i'm looking for.

Again thanks very much. Also I have enough pens ta ;)

Of course there is a tester for the purpose you are looking for, I'm not clear what that purpose is though yet.
A MFT is the popular choice for most electricians to perform required tests for safety and for fault finding.

Purpose is to test a new fitted and wired lamp fixture in the ceiling before turning it on. I've just been looking at nultifunction testers, more expensive but may still get one. I know exactly what the T90 is for now and will come in handy in the future. We were told at college that in level 2 the students are advised to buy one anyway.

have a look on ebay for 2nd hand megger mft with calibration. usually get a good one for around ÂŁ300. or keep an eye open on the forum. occasionally 1 comes up for sale by a member.

Not a very good college lol. It's been a joke the way the course has been ran. I won't go further in detail though lol it'll be quite an essay.

I've changed all the lights with no trips etc, all came on first go. My new flat is now complete, got all the lampshades on now.

I will browse around here and see what else I can find online about whatever topic we're doing at college, considering the slow pace we're learning at college especially.

Reply to Can a fluke T90 continuity tester be capable of confirming a new light fixture is good to go or not? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock