Discuss Carbon Monoxide Alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Install a carbon monoxide detector in a central location in your house. The CO detector should be about 5 feet from the floor. The reason is that this chemical compound will rise as the temperature in the air within the vicinity rises.
Additionally, make sure that the device is close to your sleeping quarters to hear the beep if it detects the odorless and colorless gas. This way, we can be aware of CO levels and gas leaks.

Co alarms need to be fitted on the ceiling within 1-3 metres of a fuel burning appliance or flue. As an extra one sitted at the height your head is, where you spend a lot of time . Ie: on the sofa or in bed.

Currently pricing a rewire for a two bed terraced house and just wondered on people thoughts on fire detection. I am going to install mains powered with battery back up and was thinking of :-

1 x heat detector in kitchen
1 x smoke detector in living room
1 x smoke detector on landing

Should i include a carbon monoxide detector as there is a combi boiler in the kitchen. Already spoke to a couple of people for there advice and both have said that wherever there is a fuel burning device ( boiler, log burner etc ) they should be fitted.
CO Alarm should be installed at least 20 feet (6 meters) away from the furnace or fuel burning heat source. We think Gas leakage detector with solenoid valve should be installed in kitchen.

Reply to Carbon Monoxide Alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Been covered before, but wondering if any amendments recently. I’ve been asked to fit detectors in a bungalow holiday cottage. Just over the...
Replies
Views
I've asked a similar question before I think and we came to the conclusion that apart from new houses and HMO's etc there aren't any rules about...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know what the new rules for England are for the rented sector smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors? Can they be battery powered...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Ive just had an electrical condition report conducted on a mixed-use property, and I am extremely surprised that after the last report...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm helping my friend do up an old house he bought a couple months ago and obviously we need to have mains powered smoke detectors...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock