Discuss Career advice..? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

human016834

I've just finished Level 2 C&G 2365 Electrical Installation. I have no prior practical electrical experience (worked in retail last 8 years).

I just need some people to bounce some ideas off...

I'm still working in retail (funding course) but now that I've got my level 2 I'm looking to get a position in electrical to help me with level 3.

I'm unsure of whether to go domestic or industrial.. I have a clearer idea of how to get into domestic but where do I start in industrial!??

So basically, what are the next steps that people think I should do? If I finish level 3 2365 + NVQ, 17th, inspection +testing and AM2 will I be able to move into industrial work or are these domestic qualifications??

I'm thinking at the moment, that I want to be qualified enough to work on and sign off my own work on domestic installations.. my Dad is thinking of buying, renovating and renting small properties so I figure I would work on this. I also want to earn from industrial work but I'm finding it pretty confusing to find much information on qualifications etc especially getting into PLCs...

Any help much appreciated,

Regards

Reply to Career advice..? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I start my BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering in the new year, what book do you recommend to get to help me with my...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I just move to UK and I'm a qualified electrician in Hong Kong. I tried ENIC to certificate my qualification which I have and ENIC...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Not sure if this is the best place to post but here goes! I'm over 50 and not working at the moment (semi retired) but I'd like to get...
Replies
Views
I am currently employed by the RAF as an Electrical Engineer/Technician, but I'm interested in going down the route of a domestic electrician...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I completed my level 2 2365 installation and my level 3 8202 advanced technical diploma in electrical installation and I’m unsure on...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock