SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Ceiling ligght in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

oscars

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hello,
I have just put up a new celing light,there is a junction box wired as follows,one red wire into a two block, three red wires into a three block (all three wires into one hole),and two black into a three block (two wires into one hole),and a earth.
I have wired the earth to earth, I have wired the blue into the three block next to the three red wires,and the brown into the the three block next to the two black wires. The light comes on,but won't switch off.Any help appreciated.

Aico 3000
E

EasyFox

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Put blue to the three block containing two blacks.
Put brown to the two block containing one red.

O

oscars

Hi,
I tried your suggestion,but the light does'nt switch on....

O

oscars

Hi,
No I did'nt change any of the cables,there is no red tape round any of the black cables.The wiring is the same as the illustration except for one thing,the black wire on the right with the red tape around it,mine is a red wire.Thanks for your time.

C

Cirrus

gonna have to find your switch wire me thinks.

S

spence_spark

oscars do you have a multi meter to hand thart you can use?
if so I'll explain how to use it to determine switch wire

L

LukeScotty

-
Arms
I reakon so cirrus, are you sure you havnt got a perminent live feed mixed up with the switch wire? have you got a voltage indicator?

If you turn the switch off, and find the red wire with no voltage,it should be your switch wire. so wire that one into the left hand side of the ceiling rose, where there is 1.

regards Luke

A

Andy M

Is it wired in twin and earth with red/red ? it looks like it from the picture if so the switch wire is easy to find, preferably with the power off

O

oscars

Hi Andy,
Thanks for your reply,the problem was sorted out yesterday,and the light is now working.Brilliant these electrician fellas.

Paul.

A

adamh

what.a.shambles!!!dont.think.you.should.be.allowed.to.own.a.screwdriver.never.mind.attempt.to.use.it!!!

Reply to Ceiling ligght in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Commercial Electrical Advice 5
Top Bottom