Discuss Certificate Completion - Cert No? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
The last time I carried out Inspection & Testing/completion of certificates, I worked for a company full time & completed what was given to me & didn't take a great deal of notice regarding the certificate numbers (more than a couple of years ago). However, I've started doing a bit for myself again, part time (now work full time outside the industry) & have got myself 17th wiring regs sorted & assessment by the 'scam' provider is booked (now I've finally found all my old C&G certificates - they're a bit dusty!:) ), but have a question regarding completing install/minor works certificates......what happens with regards to the certificate number? I've not yet notified a job, and am a little confused - am I given a certificate number when I notify the work (through Elecsa), or do I make one up & keep a record alongside my copies? Apologies if this is a simple one! Thanks :)

make it up, e.g. 14001,14002 etc. to denote trhis year. your scam provider may want you to usae their numbering systemen after yoyur assessment.

I use the invoice number and if there are more than 1 cert I then use a, b, c, etc

Its up to you how you run the business side of your business - not your assessor

I currently work with abit of tel and abit of murdoch (now that'd be a interesting love child, haha)

...I go with 14001, 14002 and if theres more than one cert add the A, B, C ect...

Question - How far you lads hold records back for? Im rapidly loosing shelf space in the office with a 7year history atm. Maybe i need to start shreading!

Question - How far you lads hold records back for? Im rapidly loosing shelf space in the office with a 7year history atm. Maybe i need to start shreading!
There is no recommendation for installation certificates, expect under Part P where the minimum time to keep them is three years according to the competence of enterprises requirements..

I used a spreadsheet to enter customer details and cobbled together a formula to concatenate date, time, postcode and the form type.

However, I've recently started to use the (NICEIC Online Certification).
It provides the reference number on completion.
It also provides solutions for some of the issues mentioned above.
The link above is the login page so you may have to navigate further to explore its capabilities.

Reply to Certificate Completion - Cert No? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net