Discuss Changing towel heater element question... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

robgb

Hi,

I need to replace the element in my towel heater. Unfortunately the cable trails under my sealed bath before reaching the fuse box, and so I would like to rewire the existing cable into the new element.

Please could someone more knowledgable tell me how to remove the seal on the element so that I am able to remove the cable and rewire it into the new element? (Photo of the new element is attached).

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

• element.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 43
You can't, and you got the old one out I see so why not just re-connect the new one? Or get someone in; you seem to have a couple of jobs on here that wouldn't cost too much to get done properly, but remedial work if you co*k it up could cost a lot more.

You can't, and you got the old one out I see so why not just re-connect the new one? Or get someone in; you seem to have a couple of jobs on here that wouldn't cost too much to get done properly, but remedial work if you co*k it up could cost a lot more.

The photo is of the new element. I can remove the old one from the heater, but the cable leads under the bath and then comes out to a fuse point in the bedroom, so I would need to rip out the bath panel. Does this mean an electrician would need to take off my bath panel rather than wire the cable into the new element?

Thanks

It depends; they may be able to pull the new one through using the old one or cable rods. I really think you should get someone in. Where are you? Someone from here may be able to help

Right. Unfortunately, I'm not! If you have a look on here there is a thread for finding an electrician in your area or start a new thread asking for an electrician in SW10

Reply to Changing towel heater element question... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net