Discuss Chint in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cheers Durham very generous of you if i cant source one local i shall be in touch:)
Nice to know there are some GOOD people out there.

CHINT miss spelled CHIT is exactly what they are specialy the 32a 3ph "D"s an exgaffer of mine bought cos they were 1/3 rd the price of over priced M.Gs till we ended up having to replace all 45of them due to constant overheating and tripping on one site

i've used a few chint CUs. no problems at all. one thing i like about them is the solid internal tails to the RCDs. not like some boards with huge floppy tails taking up all the space above the MCBs.

i've used a few chint CUs. no problems at all. one thing i like about them is the solid internal tails to the RCDs. not like some boards with huge floppy tails taking up all the space above the MCBs.

The solid internal tails are one of the reasons i really disliked the Chint boards. I like a bit of flexibility at times but the other reason i wouldn't use a Chint board now is because i can pick a fully loaded Hager board up cheaper then i can buy a Chint from my local wholesaler. Plus the Hager has floppy tails, got to love the floppy tails! :p

i,ve just looked on tlc, board £53, 12 MCBs @ £2.99 £36. total £89.+ VAT. chint board fully loaded is £65 inc. vat, so a big difference.

The solid internal tails are one of the reasons i really disliked the Chint boards. I like a bit of flexibility at times but the other reason i wouldn't use a Chint board now is because i can pick a fully loaded Hager board up cheaper then i can buy a Chint from my local wholesaler. Plus the Hager has floppy tails, got to love the floppy tails! :p

Could just make you own tails kit, I've started doing it, it alows great flexibility when picking boards

I don't buy them from TLC though and the Chint ones at my local wholesaler are dearer then the TLC ones. Recently one of the wholesalers i am using where kicking out Hager boards for £55+VAT fully loaded. Even at normal price they are £35+VAT as a bare unit.

at that price i would use hager. never seen them trhat cheap though. come to think, there are only 2 whlesalers locasl, CEF and elec. ctr. elec. ctr only sell wylex and cef push their own crap.

Reply to Chint in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net