Discuss Citreon Belingo van in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

keithbr13

Hi ,
I have an interesting problem with my van as follows, some times when i first start the van the radio will not work or while driving it just cuts out and the clock dispaly sticks at the same time, if the radio starts working the time jumps forward to the correct time. Also the speedo sometimes does not register a speed but then suddenly starts to work, and the central locking usualy lock the doors once the van is moving but somtimes this may not happen for a couple of miles. Any ideas what could be causing this . Thanks

try the earthing to the engine block and to the ECU. could be a poor connection.

That sounds like a weird concoction of problems but you're on the right forum. Being able to sort something like that makes you realise why auto electricans get paid so much more ....

Edit : and obviously why Tel gets even more!

Vehicle speed sensor is the problem, in the gearbox

This could well be the problem, on some cars they have what is called the can or canbus system where several electrical items are run on the same system, as with yours the items appear unrelated, but if you get a fault with one it affects all on that system.

I hope this helps.

This could well be the problem, on some cars they have what is called the can or canbus system where several electrical items are run on the same system, as with yours the items appear unrelated, but if you get a fault with one it affects all on that system.

I hope this helps.
Thanks does the van need to go to a main dealer to be pluged in to diagnostic system to resolve this ?

Not necessarily, my local garage have some very good diagnostic equipment and the expertise to use it too, as many others do to, just ask yours, or you may have a good electrical engineer near you, my last port of call would be a main agent, but hey, that is just my opinion.

Berlingos work in mysterious ways. Too much garlic in the wiring. My 09 plate had issues yesterday, it just cut out and i got an 'anti pollution system fault'. Which actually turned out to be a filthy fuel filter which was causing diesel pressure loss....

Doors get into Auto lock mode IF hold ,door lock button 3 sec ... and out of mode if do same again. (Toggles)

Other weirdness Can bus problems ( is radio original ? )

Reply to Citreon Belingo van in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net