Discuss Clarification on gas bonding please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Regulation 411.3.1.2 requires main protective bonding if applicable to each separate installation, individual flats are considered separate electrical installations
This was my original point but put much more precisely.

While you might look at the building as a whole and argue that centrally maintained bonding is sufficient, each flat is a separate installation (with own CU and access/ownership differences).

Even if it were one building as an installation you would be looking at supplementary bonding for "exposed conductive parts" in each areas not totally covered by RCD protection, so basically the same thing (but subtle differences in bond size I guess).
[automerge]1588238041[/automerge]
How was this plumber killed, by touching two pipes? Was there a fault in the electrical installatio?
Probably back to the PME fault debate once more!

Avoiding gas mains being earthing means was mentioned in one of the IET articles (Wiring Matters 61, Summer 2016) just search for:
"Insulation inserts in metallic gas service pipes to consumers’ premises"

If you get a copy of the Viper gas book it states that bonding must be looped

That appears to be a plumbing text book, not exactly a reliable source of information on the wiring regulations.

If you get a copy of D. W. Cockburn's book on earthing and bonding you will find all sorts of incorrect information about the subject.

Just because something is published in a book which claims to be correct it does not mean it is necessarily correct.

Reply to Clarification on gas bonding please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I know once you see plastic entering then you don’t need to bond as it says on site guide.(enters the house plastic then it’s metal) Would I be...
Replies
Views
What are the regulations requirements on Earth bonding ? I am currently planning a 1st fix re wire I have the following setup Gas Meter...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm having a new boiler fitted in a new location. I need to provide power for the boiler which I'm looking to do myself. Boiler: Ideal Logic...
Replies
Views
Hi forum members, I hope someone can assist with my enquiry. I have been advised that to comply with BS7671 Reg 132.16 my solar and battery...
Replies
Views
Trying to organise a CU replacement at home. It's a 1930s property. It's got a 10way CU but with no RCD protection. Was after a larger unit with...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock