Discuss Click mode switches and new grid system are great in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dartlec

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
First try using the new Click Mode switches today, and I love the way that every light switch is automatically a grid switch. That means you can buy a light switch and change the modules to whatever you like.

I was fitting an outside light and was able to swap out one of the switches on a two gang off the shelf switch, to a DP and normal switch to fully isolate, switch to auto or override. All for £4.20! They feel pretty good quality too, though time will tell I guess.

The fused grid modules look nice too - that and a switch would be way better than putting in a FCU where a light feed is running off a nearby socket.

I've mostly avoided grid switches before because of the extra cost, and the additional hassle with fronts etc, but at these prices I definitely think I'll be using these more often.

Anyone had any problems with them?

Have click switches not been like that for years? have they changed the design recently? I love their metalclad range, the sockets etc. easily accommodate 3 4.0mm2 conductors and the knockouts are positioned correctly inline with spacer bar saddles. They also sell metalclad euro module frames which is nice.

Have click switches not been like that for years?

Possibly, maybe it's just because they are now in Toolstation that I've noticed them. Their plain white sockets do seem nice too - though I must admit I like the colour coded terminals of the BG ones.

I didn't recall seeing their grid switches available before at any of the local stockists/wholesalers though. MK usually ended up as the easiest to get, but always found them fiddly and short on space, especially with dimmer modules.

Last edited:
Also the poxy layout of the BG FCUs drives me nuts.

I've always assumed FCUs are deliberately designed to cause maximum installation difficulty (MKs are maybe the exception). Not tried the Click ones yet but may have to next time I need one.

Possibly, maybe it's just because they are now in Toolstation that I've noticed them. Their plain white sockets do seem nice too - though I must admit I like the colour coded terminals of the BG ones.

I didn't recall seeing their grid switches available before at any of the local stockists/wholesalers though. MK usually ended up as the easiest to get, but always found them fiddly and short on space, especially with dimmer modules.

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad you like our MiniGrid switches! If you'd like to find out more on the range, you can visit: SCOLMORE GROUP | Manufacturer & distributor of electrical Wiring accessories & Lighting - https://www.scolmore.com/products/minigrid/

Our product is available in a large number of wholesalers throughout the UK, but if you ever struggle to find them please don't hesitate to let us know so we can have a look into it!

Reply to Click mode switches and new grid system are great in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net