Discuss Combined back box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you mean 2g and 2x1g all as one box?

or

Dual metal.PNGDual plus single.PNGDual box plastic.PNG

You might be able to join some metal back-boxes together using 20mm conduit bushes and nuts at a push (with some more nuts as spacers, so the 1g accessories fit side-by-side OK), but if you start with most together like this it is only a 1-gang 35mm-deep box to be added:

If it has to be plastic for fitting to plasterboard easily then you are probably out of luck.

Last edited:
IMO 2 x 1-gang accessories jammed up together always look bad. Gonna be even worse with a 2G in the mix as well. Gaps are needed.

Go with separate boxes. Joining with conduit bushes is good, but use couplers to space them.

Last edited by a moderator:
they do longer ones for oversized metal faceplates that need a little more space between the boxes. think the short ones are about 16mm and the longer ones 22 -25mm.

That's got to be another Dragons den thing;

Quote from the website;

As with all the best ideas, the Spacer Connect is simple and often followed by the 'why didn't I think of that???'!

Answer is easy as usual,, the price they have to be in low volume production,

Price is per 10.​

15mm Spacer Connect £3.75​

35mm Spacer Connect £4.25​

Conduit Connect £4.30​

It’s for a customer who insists on having faceplates with no gaps. Just want to get it spot on
I would contact Hamilton Litestat and get something made up then , have had some stuff made in the past and customer was very happy.
Prices can be high thou , some of the custom pieces were £100+

Reply to Combined back box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Has anyone used or fitted this type of back box ? It is a 1G & 2G
Replies
Views
Trying to connect a 50 amp inlet box to my Siemens outdoor combination panel 200 amp cutoffs. Can’t figure out where to insert the 50 amp breaker...
Replies
Views
Trying to connect a 50 amp inlet box to my Siemens outdoor combination panel 200 amp cutoffs. Can’t figure out where to insert the 50 amp breaker...
Replies
Views
https://www.gprokit.com/lever-junction-box/lighting-control-box-flexi-box Anyone used these before? Essentially a Klik box without the added cost...
Replies
Views
Where does galvanic corrosion arise in electrical work ? Is it mostly copper-aluminium or are there other metal combinations to watch out for ?
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock