Discuss Competent Persons Scheme in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Gerry6

Right guys I'm recently qualified electrician and looking to join a competent persons scheme. Is there any drawbacks to joining NAPIT or ELECSA rather than the NICEIC? It's just iv heard the others are a lot easier to get into.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Right guys I'm recently qualified electrician and looking to join a competent persons scheme. Is there any drawbacks to joining NAPIT or ELECSA rather than the NICEIC? It's just iv heard the others are a lot easier to get into.

If that's the reason you'd look at joining the "lesser" scams then you need to give your head a wobble.

If your FULLY qualified then you'd have no worries, and I'd recommend the NICEIC just because the average customer only knows of them, so will probably be likely to get more work registered with them because of that.

Some low competence organisations like councils and insurance companies have only heard of NICEIC.
This means they tend to specify NICEIC only.
So if you were to work for one of these you could have difficulty explaining to them that the others are performing exactly the same function.
Other than that any competent organisation will not be a problem.
Most domestic customers have not heard of anyone so it rarely matters.

Elecsa are great mate can't fault them they have now partnered nic the assessors are down to earth not hitlers !! and there technical line is spot on .

Elecsa are really good but they stuff up when ordering Certs from NICEIC direct as they hold all three brands including ECA so in my case it has been pot lock which Certs turn up and gets frustrating trying to sort it out afterwards. Btw they are on the ball with your inspections so whoever wrote the rule that its easier to join is smoking something. It's now all one company called Certsure so will probably merge in terms of assessment criteria too.

should do just fine then......

Reply to Competent Persons Scheme in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock