Search the forum,

Discuss Connect 2nd siren box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

after a no show by the alarm guy on saturday, connected up this link yesterday as tazz states and have the strobe working (only tested under walk test). so assuming if the alarm goes off and stops after 15mins, the strobe will carry on working. i'll try and put up the 2nd bell box this weekend.

Do i need to change any of the jumpers on the siren box? the 1st one has BATT on, SAB on and LC off. do i replicate on the 2nd? im assuming the LC mode needs to be put on?

not sure what LC is. what do the instructions say about it?

its low current mode. i think it said so it doesnt draw too much power from the main board. if i remember right, it reduces the siren pitch so you can run more than 1 siren box.

batt. and sab on if you want it to be self activating if cable is cut. try it with LC on and see if it's reasonably loud.

thanks. i'll leave on the BATT and SAB, but dont want to damage the main board if i leave LC on inside both siren boxes. is there any other way to check this?

not that i know. the siren instructions should tell you the current draw. most panels should handle 2 sirens as long as the strobes are fed separately from the sounders.

telectrix : all feeds into siren box are separate to the original siren box, the 2nd will be connected as in tazz's diagram. im assuming that will be ok.
shocking_eg : haha, i best stock up on the spare fuses lol.

Great thread, really good advice chaps ( tazz, eg, Tel,etc).
agree Tel terrible shoddy work.

i fit alarms and the first double bell box I did stretched my brain into a pancake!

yes, i have learned loads from this thread and the advice given from the guys. just embarassed that i got into this situation and paid to get an alarm fitted so badly.

Im assuming that not setting the LC, it wont damage the main board? will only blow the fuse?

probably the final question i have is now that i have correctly wired up the STRB in the siren box to STR- in the control panel, how does this wire up to the 2nd siren box?

Thanks tazz, do you mean this... Bell2.jpg

guys, grateful for your assistance. diagram is thanks to tazz, i just updated a little. taz, not sure what you mean by your last post?

Sorry, just commenting when you test the system, the strobe test function and the continuous strobe after bell time out will now function correctly

ah gotcha. i'll wait until a real scenario when the alarm goes off for 15mins (hopefully never get that situation!) to see if the strobe flashes after the siren stops.
when i add the 2nd siren box, i'll just walk test again and hopefully all should be ok.

Hi guys, so far so good, walk test works for siren and strobe. Only thing I have noticed is that the flashing LEDs work on the new box, but not on the original, there is no LEDs flashing. Can anyone advise pls?

Reply to Connect 2nd siren box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net