uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Convert single to 3 phase in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lost-sole

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Mrs's boss bin asking me about installing a 3 phase sunbed in his salon but only got single phase coming in
From your experience is it expensive to get supply company to upgrade. I have very little knowledge on this subject as i do house bashing

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
i have no personal experience with this but its got to be a dig up the road job and therefore i guess expensive
a phone call to the dno and bill provider should answer your questions

E

electro

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi

Have you thought about a Single to Three phase converter, 4kW model can cost less than £700 approx. if you upgrade the supply you will need to balance the load could be expensive plus the installation cost. Why would you want a three phase sun bed? Running cost? Power output?

regards

L

lost-sole

I said the same to him why?

E

electro

Hi

Is he intending to install more than three sunbeds due to the demand that's why he might want to go that way of three phase only a guess?

Regards

L

lost-sole

As far as iam aware just the one, perhaps its i giant one that can give 3rd degree burns in under 30 secs i don't know I would have thought a plug in type one would suffice

G

Guest123

Hey.

If it is just the one, then a convertor as the man said will be the best option. If there are anymore then try and convince him that single phase is a much easier option for him.;)

sparks1234

-
Arms
Why not ask the supply company to quote you, it doesnt cost anything for that. They need to make a survey as you probably could never second guess the cost.

Reply to Convert single to 3 phase in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Scolmore Electrical Products
Top Bottom