Discuss Could This Be A Fused Neutral? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave, again I come back to the point that box 1.2 "Condition of service head" is there to be filled in with one of the designated outcomes.
Okay, so fill in the box, with your finding on the DNO equipment, code it, C1 fair enough, but by the time you filled out the report and sent it to your client , it would have been rectified .They have to respond within 3hrs. Still unsatisfactory.? I am afraid will have to agree to disagree.

I don't want to agree to disagree, I want to discuss this to a conclusion based on reasoned argument and evidence, I would be delighted to be able to agree with you and be able to say why.

So if I could fill it out as a C1 for a C1, then why not fill it out as an FI for an FI?

I've come across a few of these, and the neutral is most likely to be a solid link - I've only ever found a single fuse in them. I suspect they were manufactured when DC supplies were still around but getting less common, so that electricity undertakings could buy in bulk and then add in a second fuselink if being used on a supply that was still DC. They never seem to be sealed!

There is something in the refs which addresses the subject of section 1 of the inspections. I think it explains that problems found with DNO equipment need to be raised with the DNO but don't necessarily need to affect the outcome of the report.
I can't look it up now as I'm in the Hardressers having my hair done!

As far as your concerns about the cutout go, that may have had a fuse in the neutral when first fitted but that should have been replaced with a solid link. What you should do if you have a concern is contact the DNO and get them to take it from there.
I would be far more interested in what looks to be bs951 clamps on the pilc, but again that's for the DNO to fix.

And this was the result

IMG_0130.JPG

Agreed that it falls outside the fixed wiring installation that I am testing, but the Schedule Of Inspections requires me to record an outcome of inspection on the condition of the service head.

I have argued about this before on this forum. I usually put N/V for those items. Out of my jurisdiction and not my responsibility to record in my view. I will contact DNO if any issues found no problem. Some of the other posts on this thread make interesting points I think.

Edit: not your typical blue rinse then Dave!

If we find an issue with the Service head or meter, we give it the correct Outcome C1/2/3 depending on severity.

Before we fully issue the report we alert the customer and tell them we can either submit the report with the c1/2/3 on it or you can contact the DNO, have them rectify the issue and call us back to verify it's been rectified and we will issue the report with it as a tick.

If we find an issue with the Service head or meter, we give it the correct Outcome C1/2/3 depending on severity.

Before we fully issue the certificate we alert the customer and tell them we can either submit the cert with the c1/2/3 on it or you can contact the DNO, have them rectify the issue and call us back to verify it's been rectified and we will issue the cert with it as a tick.

its a report, not a certificate. Although it sounds like a petty thing it makes a huge difference

I have argued about this before on this forum. I usually put N/V for those items. Out of my jurisdiction and not my responsibility to record in my view. I will contact DNO if any issues found no problem. Some of the other posts on this thread make interesting points I think.

Edit: not your typical blue rinse then Dave!
It is a requirement of an EICR to comment on it, if you feel it is outside the remit, which it is not then you should discuss it with the client that you will record it as a Limitation although why you would do this is not clear.

It is a requirement of an EICR to comment on it, if you feel it is outside the remit, which it is not then you should discuss it with the client that you will record it as a Limitation although why you would do this is not clear.

My view is that the bods at the IET have spoke with various DNO reps and have subsequently passed these inspection items on to the humble spark. If I am not deemed competent to pull a main fuse how am I competent to comment accurately on the DNOs equipment. If there is an issue I will always contact the DNO without a problem. But the installation I inspect and record details about starts at the outgoing tails of the meter.

Reply to Could This Be A Fused Neutral? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net