Discuss Cross bonding in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

sparks1234

-
Arms
Reaction score
Guys,
What are the regulations these days on cross bonding.
We have a room that has a sink in it with obviously hot and cold water supplied.
The local sockets are RCD protected but the lights are not but then they are out of reach.
I'm not interested in whether it only costs a couple of quid to put a couple of earth clamps on, all I want to know is if it is necessary or not
Cheers guys

Guys,
We have a room that has a sink in it with obviously hot and cold water supplied.
The local sockets are RCD protected but the lights are not but then they are out of reach.
I'm not interested in whether it only costs a couple of quid to put a couple of earth clamps on, all I want to know is if it is necessary or not
Cheers guys

Are the pipes actually extraneous?

Guys,
Cheers guys

Test it and find out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v38PfIVy2rI

What does your regulations book say on the subject. You'll have better luck looking for supplementary bonding rather than cross bonding, that term is long gone!

Firstly, is the room classed as a special location i.e does it contain a bath or shower? if your answer is no then you will not need to provide supplementary bonding unless the pipework has been tested and proved to be extraneous in its own right in which case youd need to carry out a main protective bonding exercise. The only other time you may need to carry out sup bonding to the pipework would be if your socket / light loop values are to high to afford the required disconnection times. Most probable answer to the above is no therefore save your clamps and time.[emoji106][emoji106]

Firstly, is the room classed as a special location i.e does it contain a bath or shower? if your answer is no then you will not need to provide supplementary bonding unless the pipework has been tested and proved to be extraneous in its own right in which case youd need to carry out a main protective bonding exercise. The only other time you may need to carry out sup bonding to the pipework would be if your socket / light loop values are to high to afford the required disconnection times. Most probable answer to the above is no therefore save your clamps and time.[emoji106][emoji106]

Nope, as I said, its just an office that has a sink in it

Reply to Cross bonding in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net