Discuss CU upgrade job up for grabs. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GBDamo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have a friend that I do a few odds and ends for at his business, recently I put him in a security light and outside socket at home, whilst doing this I noticed the state of his CU(s)....

20211114_122039.jpg
20211114_122044.jpg
20211114_122047.jpg

There are a lot of redundant SWAs an Isolator, tele switch that all need removing then all in use circuits consolidating into one new CU.

The customer is aware that testing will be required beforehand and remedials may be required before the CU upgrade.

He is sold on an all RCBO, surge protected board 12-16 way.

It's the type of job I do a lot of commercially but have no means of LA notification.

The job is in Accrington, any one interested please message me.

Thanks

Agree , the original fuse box was neat with all cables clipped nicely and everything dressed in nicely

Looks like quite an easy board swap if alot of the later DIY additions can be ripped out

Reply to CU upgrade job up for grabs. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views
Been asked to price for a job, customer is having attic done out so needs a few new circuits up there. Some more context I'm based in South Wales...
Replies
Views
This drives me round the twist, the client tells you what they want, kind of. you do the work the way the client asks you to and then when its all...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock