CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Does this wiring look ok? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
this has to be a wind-up or you have serious issues. those socket fixing pins are all over the place. o_O . seriously though, that's diabolical and dangerous.

shaun1

-
Reaction score
Who carried out the work? Do you know how the joints have been made under the tape? Is this all going to be plastered in?

From whats is visible... If the cable joints are crimps, then they could be ok if enclosed in heatshrink, better if they are in one of the socket boxes. They definitely shouldnt be plastered into the wall as they are. It also looks like the old cables dropping down are just hanging off the wall and may not remain in a safe zone.

Looks like its been done by someone who either doesnt know or doesnt care what they are doing, so may be more issues behind those sockets....

DPG

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
That's either not finished or been done intentionally bad for some reason.

Theres only one screw holding some of those socket fronts on.

Reaction score
I think that they are just going to plaster over the wiring. Not sure what I should do as I'm not an electrician and just a housing tenant.

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Nice to see that some grommets have been used, but there're a couple missing...
Not sure if they are going to plaster over the duct tape...
Otherwise...
just awful!

Reply to Does this wiring look ok? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.