Discuss Domestic Electrical Installation Full Scope via Army in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cobra53

Hi all, i hope there hasn't been too many threads of this kind but i would like some solid advice as my assigned careers advisors do not know their arse from their elbow regarding trades.

Cutting to the chase, i am leaving the Infantry after 7 years and have a whole wealth of courses available to me to assist in the career change. The one that has caught my eye is obviously the 'Domestic Electrical Installation Full Scope' as i would much prefer to be practical than working in some mind numbing office as a manager of morons (i'd end up dragging someone over the desk!).

What i would like is some impartial help in deciding whether this course is worth the time invested, how would i fair in becoming employed as an electrician (i'm accutely aware that i will need real world experience via a firm who can offer me employment, having the quals and going it alone is a disaster waiting to happen). I am a complete novice besides GCSE electronics and a little bit of domestic bodging here and there.

The completion of the course means i will gain:

• CITB Full Scope
  • C&G 2393 Building Regulations Level 3
  • C&G 2382 17th Edition Wiring Regulations Level 3
  • JIB ECS Health & Safety Certificate
Level 3 Inspection and Test qualification is offered as a stand alone module upon completion.

What are my options upon completing this course? Is it worth doing? I do intend to become a sole trader after gaining some experience if that is possible.

Many thanks in advance

Looking at City and Guilds 2365 level 2 and 3 plus the 17th edition
Education wise that is, as for coming from electronics, it's what background I'm from but I was A Level level.

Hi cobra. Welcome to the forum. There are lots of threads similar to yours about what courses. I am always curious at to why pick our wonderful trade? I sit on an office doing design work but there are loads of people that seem to be coming into the 'Domestic Electrical' side. As I have started to tell people, there is a wet site where you can search for electricians in your area. There are more than 150 in a 5 mile radius from my house. I don't know how they all find work to survive.
Anyhow have a search of the site for what are the best courses and I hope it all goes well for you mate.

I guess the DREAM is working for yourself and buying a house in Spain

Personaly i just want to make a Living were i dont have to live from day to day on hands outs from Job Agencys finding work only depending if i suck up to them. And working for such bad bosses that you think, if they dropped dead i dont think any one would miss them and the world would be a better place with out the, mainly due to how bad of a manager they really are.

I would work for most companies that treat me well (i wanted to use other words there but i wont) ive worked for one company for min wage because they treat me ok.

Hi all, i hope there hasn't been too many threads of this kind but i would like some solid advice as my assigned careers advisors do not know their arse from their elbow regarding trades.

Cutting to the chase, i am leaving the Infantry after 7 years and have a whole wealth of courses available to me to assist in the career change. The one that has caught my eye is obviously the 'Domestic Electrical Installation Full Scope' as i would much prefer to be practical than working in some mind numbing office as a manager of morons (i'd end up dragging someone over the desk!).

What i would like is some impartial help in deciding whether this course is worth the time invested, how would i fair in becoming employed as an electrician (i'm accutely aware that i will need real world experience via a firm who can offer me employment, having the quals and going it alone is a disaster waiting to happen). I am a complete novice besides GCSE electronics and a little bit of domestic bodging here and there.

The completion of the course means i will gain:

• CITB Full Scope
  • C&G 2393 Building Regulations Level 3
  • C&G 2382 17th Edition Wiring Regulations Level 3
  • JIB ECS Health & Safety Certificate
Level 3 Inspection and Test qualification is offered as a stand alone module upon completion.

What are my options upon completing this course? Is it worth doing? I do intend to become a sole trader after gaining some experience if that is possible.

Many thanks in advance
i thought domestic installer cert limited you to single phase domestic installs?

your better off going for the full 2365/2357 etc.

there are so many domestic installers about and more are being churned out every 5 weeks

Last edited:

Reply to Domestic Electrical Installation Full Scope via Army in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net