Discuss Dual fan and light ceiling fan slider switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I need help wiring a dual slider switch for a ceiling fan and light kit. The ceiling fan and light are already wired and mounted and have been in place for more than 10 years. There was a rocker style switch which I removed without making note of how it was connected. The box I'm working in has six cables. One freewire, and four two wire. I have been able to identify the hot wire from the breaker box and four of the remaining five black wires all feed separate outlets in the same room. I have no idea what the sixth black wire does. All of the white wires are still connected under a wire nut inside the box and have not been removed or disturbed. I have looked at the schematic of the switch and pondered this wiring setup and still cannot come up with the solution.

Attachments

• PXL_20211102_172014457.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 9
I need help wiring a dual slider switch for a ceiling fan and light kit. The ceiling fan and light are already wired and mounted and have been in place for more than 10 years. There was a rocker style switch which I removed without making note of how it was connected. The box I'm working in has six cables. One freewire, and four two wire. I have been able to identify the hot wire from the breaker box and four of the remaining five black wires all feed separate outlets in the same room. I have no idea what the sixth black wire does. All of the white wires are still connected under a wire nut inside the box and have not been removed or disturbed. I have looked at the schematic of the switch and pondered this wiring setup and still cannot come up with the solution.
I’ll tell you what I would do is hook up what you know and don’t hook up the other wire, turn the power on and see what’s not working. I’m assuming that you have a non contact voltage and tape your spare wire

Reply to Dual fan and light ceiling fan slider switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net