Discuss Earth Electrode Result in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

ICE

Hi,

Had to spike a generator down to a Sheet pile today on river side.

Welder cleaned up pile and welded a 12mm bolt to it for me which I connected to, I used ELIT to do test as you would do a Ze reading as I was not sure how to do EET as there was no ground for me to spike to, I got a reading of 0.25Ω bearing in mind this is TT, is this correct or do I need to go back with another meter or any suggestions on how to do it with an EET. Generator RCD is 300mA

As I say There is absolutely no ground, it is solid concrete for miles and only Sheet piles to get onto...

Any Suggestions

Cheers:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate.

That sounds like the reading you'd get off of the geney star point and windings. Have you tried testing with the earth probe connected to the pile by itself i.e with no earth conductor connected to it??

Lenny,

I had protective conductor disconnected from genny.
3 wire tester, 1 on pc 1 on L and 1 on N with genny running. Is this the correct way to do it? using a ELIT

Sounds right mate. Just to clarify the earth clip was on the main coductor going to the pile and nowt else??

It could be that the pile is massive and in really good conductive ground (next to the river).

Reply to Earth Electrode Result in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Has anyone here got experience of doing a soil / earth resistance survey for the design of a large-ish site? We might be looking at a fenced area...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would like some advice on the below. Context: Rural French domestic installation TT system Earth rod is situated inside the property...
Replies
Views
I am installing a Victron Quattro in an island mode configuration (in the UK, the DNO is the NG). I will be adding a stand-by generator. My...
Replies
Views
Hi was recently at a property and was installing a Solar PV system. was doing my testing and i came across a weird result when doing the...
Replies
Views
I'm new to this but stuck with an issue, so I'm looking for some help wherever possible. I have just completed a rewire, which I have a potential...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock