Discuss Eic form filling in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all
I have been pulled up by Napit, not by my regular inspector.
Used rcbo's on a rewire (usually do). Filled out cert to reflect this, with rcbos listed as overcurrent protection, with type, rating etc listed and 30ma noted in the rcd column.
Its been rejected as i haven't listed the rcd characteristics.
I'm 52, not been pulled on this before and am not convinced its required as that info is not readily available from the rcbo itself.
Anyone else had issues or how many of you always fill these columns?

I'm looking at a NAPIT issued EIC.
After a bit of head scratching the penny may have dropped. Are you saying that you left out the bits in yellow?

1705511139137.png

If so I've never left that blank, as it's all on the RCBO. The little symbols tell you whether it's type AC, A, B etc.
It should be fairly simple to duplicate the certificate and fill it in.

Please explain further if I'm barking up the wrong tree!

The NICEIC form is equally confusing in that it gives via a drop down list RCBO Type AC, A,B etc and B,C,D Curve but only room to put one not both eg TypeA with B Curve!

The NICEIC form is equally confusing in that it gives via a drop down list RCBO Type AC, A,B etc and B,C,D Curve but only room to put one not both eg TypeA with B Curve!
You don't put B, C or D in that column they go with the protective device section.

I remember when the new test certs came out and tested I actually put down A by mistake when could be AC.
He did not make song and dance about it.
If he did I would have put some music on for him.

You don't put B, C or D in that column they go with the protective device section.
There isn't another column only one protective device column that covers mcb's mccb's rcbo's etc.
Column that says 'Type' and the drop down list below gives 9 options for RCBO's 61009.

1705513557591.png

1705513701992.png

There isn't another column only one protective device column that covers mcb's mccb's rcbo's etc.
Column that says 'Type' and the drop down list below gives 9 options for RCBO's 61009.

View attachment 112782

View attachment 112783
That is a bit out of date. Most formats now have an RCD section for RCD (61009), type (A) and residual rating (30).

Not with you there. As above, are you using the latest certs, EIC18.2C?

Last edited:
I am also a bit confused about the column labelled RCD - Rating (A) when used for an RCBO.

If an RCD was being used and the rating (A) of the RCD was asked for we would put 40A, 80A, 100A etc. I.e. the maximum figure it can safely operate at without becoming damaged. We don't have this rating for an RCBO, we only have it's overcurrent figure. I have always put the overcurrent figure in this box, but this thread has reminded me about my indecision. What is the correct figure to put and why?

I am also a bit confused about the column labelled RCD - Rating (A) when used for an RCBO.

If an RCD was being used and the rating (A) of the RCD was asked for we would put 40A, 80A, 100A etc. I.e. the maximum figure it can safely operate at without becoming damaged. We don't have this rating for an RCBO, we only have it's overcurrent figure. I have always put the overcurrent figure in this box, but this thread has reminded me about my indecision. What is the correct figure to put and why?
The column is Protective Device, A. What does A stand for when referring to a protective device?

Reply to Eic form filling in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net