Discuss EICR code please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

never fit dire hoods. pointless excercise.

Sorry, 75% wrong, again!

:)

100% - 75% wrong = 25% right.
so i'd still be partly right regardless of the percentage of wrong.
try harder next time , your post smacks of desperation & fail.
;-)
is your pedant membership up to date ?
i doubt it with that sort of slack arsed arithmatic.
:)

clutching_at_straws.jpg

http://www.esc.org.uk/industry/industry-guidance/other-downloads/downlighters-and-fire-safety/

Download this from the esc site.

I work with guys that will code 2 anything fire rating relating, no fire hoods and holes in the back of fuseboards cut into plasterboard walls, but this PDF clearly states that on some walls and ceilings that aren't fire rated that no action is required at all.

Hope this helps

Robin

Well it's a worth a read so he can answer his query :)

I dismay doing EICRs, the amount of fuseboards with the backs hacked out of them and our company policy is to either change the board or spray in fire foam, regardless if its a fire rated wall or not. Nothing like creating work is there lol

Well it's a worth a read so he can answer his query :)

I dismay doing EICRs, the amount of fuseboards with the backs hacked out of them and our company policy is to either change the board or spray in fire foam, regardless if its a fire rated wall or not. Nothing like creating work is there lol

well sounds like it's your companies policy to ripp people off! IMO that sounds appalling, you should't follow that policy, just bs7671 send common sense!

Tell me about it, we have a contract testing a local social housing groups houses, and we have quite a lot of things we are told to enforce.

They also want every single fan regardless of make, protected by a 3amp fuse as company policy, despite the majority of fans we test being greenwood and they are permitted to be backed up by a 6amp MCB.. Very sole destroying to pull the bathroom lighting feed into a fused spur just to downrate the fan!

Reply to EICR code please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net