Discuss EICR... further info ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

I'm after a publication that I can read through ref: EICR.

I take it the latest GN3 wont be that up to date, so any recommendations please ?

I've got the ESC guide, but wanted something that would go a bit more in depth with regards to the the 3 x pages of 'inspection schedules'

Wasnt sure if maybe the niceic had brought something out yet. (Just found it, any good then ? Worth the £21)

Many Thanks

Sy

There is an updated GN3, published about a month ago, with updates for 2011 amendment.
That said, apart from the certificates, it is not vastly different from the old version.

Is the NICEIC book on Inspection, Testing and Reporting what you are looking for? It's something you can read through.

Hi Chaps,

I'm after a publication that I can read through ref: EICR.

I take it the latest GN3 wont be that up to date, so any recommendations please ?

I've got the ESC guide, but wanted something that would go a bit more in depth with regards to the the 3 x pages of 'inspection schedules'

Wasnt sure if maybe the niceic had brought something out yet. (Just found it, any good then ? Worth the £21)

Many Thanks

Sy

The NICEIC books are very good, also the ESC Best Practice Guide: http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...sg=AFQjCNGEE2EBbOik86-1xaIjdTIMahK4_w&cad=rja

Have the old one, always a great reference piece along with their tool box guide to the 17th, a worthwhile toolbox addition :)

yes i have the older one i bought for when i was studying 2391 in 2010 along with many others

good book but dont buy to many of the series as a lot of the stuff is just the same info like scaddons as i did and its mainly just repeated in each book

but i may invest in the updated one of these for same reasons as you

more money lol

Reply to EICR... further info ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net