Discuss Electrical for Inground Swimming Pool in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,
We've done some electrical in the past. Wired our outdoor kitchen, added an electric heater to our porch, etc.
We are pretty new to pool stuff. We currently have a next to house patio that they thought ahead on and ran 1" conduit under. We also have a shed that's wired for lights and a chicken coop heater. Separate 1" conduit there too that's also been run under patio, but the walkway portion.
Got a quote for doing our inground pool. They quoted adding a 100 amp sub panel right near the pool pump which will be 10' from the shed. This requires 1 1/4" conduit, which we don't have run anywhere, which adds $1000 to the bill, on top of the $5400 for permit, subpanel work, and if our current under patio conduit had been correct size.
I think if it were just the pump we could do 50 amp panel and maybe talk them into working within the shed? But potential to add an electric heater someday is what's calling for 100 amp.
Any ways to get creative here?! Thanks for reading.

Hi All,
We've done some electrical in the past. Wired our outdoor kitchen, added an electric heater to our porch, etc.
We are pretty new to pool stuff. We currently have a next to house patio that they thought ahead on and ran 1" conduit under. We also have a shed that's wired for lights and a chicken coop heater. Separate 1" conduit there too that's also been run under patio, but the walkway portion.
Got a quote for doing our inground pool. They quoted adding a 100 amp sub panel right near the pool pump which will be 10' from the shed. This requires 1 1/4" conduit, which we don't have run anywhere, which adds $1000 to the bill, on top of the $5400 for permit, subpanel work, and if our current under patio conduit had been correct size.
I think if it were just the pump we could do 50 amp panel and maybe talk them into working within the shed? But potential to add an electric heater someday is what's calling for 100 amp.
Any ways to get creative here?! Thanks for reading.
I believe you need to talk to your electrician about what he’s wanting to do. You pool equipment does not need 100 amps. The price is outrageous especially the $ 5400.00 and I know that the pipe is expensive but if possible could you run it overhead. I think that you are being taken advantage of. Get a second quote

If 100A needs inch and a quarter pipe, what is the biggest supply you can put down the existing 1 inch pipe?

take that number and see if its enough to work with now and if there is a smaller pool heater that will keep the current low enough for that supply in the future you are on a winner.

If 100A needs inch and a quarter pipe, what is the biggest supply you can put down the existing 1 inch pipe?

take that number and see if its enough to work with now and if there is a smaller pool heater that will keep the current low enough for that supply in the future you are on a winner.
I myself have used 1 inch conduit and pulled three # 3 copper with a # 6 ground. By code you are allowed to use a 1 inch conduit but it’s not an easy pull

Reply to Electrical for Inground Swimming Pool in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net