Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Electrician uses 1,000 volts to his advantage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000
Wilko

Wilko

-
Esteemed
Arms
Hi - setting something with the intention to hurt someone else is not ok in my view, imagine if a kid just grabbed the handle?

I’m no lawyer, but this reliance on not causing lasting damage is a bit silly. Assault for example does not have a minimum measure of lasting damage, thankfully.

Here’s something from the law books :) .
3EDE4FCE-FD6D-41E9-8955-00F9F1FCAC61.jpeg

telectrix

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
that mentions something about set to destroy vermin. van robbers are vermin.

James

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Love the idea,
However I doubt that setting booby traps will hold up in court as legal if someone was killed or injured.

I

Intoelectrics

-
Esteemed
Arms
The only thing that worries me about advertising the voltage is that people may assume that 1000v will not kill you. This can give the misconception that anything under 1000v will hurt but will not kill.

FatAlan

FatAlan

-
Trainee
Sounds like it’s just rigged to the handles. I hear that thieves are just cutting the sides of vans with angle grinders. Just add a pair of marigolds and problem solved.

James

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
The only thing that worries me about advertising the voltage is that people may assume that 1000v will not kill you. This can give the misconception that anything under 1000v will hurt but will not kill.
It Will kill you if the shock makes you jump back into the path of a lorry.

T

The Ghost

No different to an electric fence or bird scarer and they are higher voltage 11kv so it's good for birds and beasts but not a thief, I'll have two! Anyway as kids we used to have what we considered fun, daring each other to touch the electric fence (country boy) we loved it. Nobody was harmed.

ruston

ruston

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
No different to an electric fence or bird scarer and they are higher voltage 11kv so it's good for birds and beasts but not a thief, I'll have two! Anyway as kids we used to have what we considered fun, daring each other to touch the electric fence (country boy) we loved it. Nobody was harmed.
And using a wet Piece of straw to get the sizzle

telectrix

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
if he fitted 2 fly swatters in series, could he get 2000V? . ( N.B. for the pc brigade, i don't have flyphobia. i have nothing against flies).

Scolmore Electrical Products

Reply to Electrician uses 1,000 volts to his advantage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom