Discuss EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you want to remain in the EU

• Yes - stay in

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • No - time to leave

Votes: 81 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: EU - How will you vote given the latest "news"

The BBC receive funding from the EU

are you serious?

I'm serious, Darkwood said that the bbc was supplemented by the EU
It gets grants for research, I think about 1/2 a million last year. Compared with the 3 1/2 billion or so that it gets from the license fee I would hardly call that supplementing the license fee.
They can't use the money for program making and do you really think that journalists would lower themselves to biased reporting because the BBC gets a grant from a certain source. It's not the Telegraph we're talking about.

I'm serious, Darkwood said that the bbc was supplemented by the EU
It gets grants for research, I think about 1/2 a million last year. Compared with the 3 1/2 billion or so that it gets from the license fee I would hardly call that supplementing the license fee.
They can't use the money for program making and do you really think that journalists would lower themselves to biased reporting because the BBC gets a grant from a certain source. It's not the Telegraph we're talking about.

I agree with the sums you quote but why did the BBC deliberatly hide it and not reveal it as they had a obligation to do so, when this originally came out they had some very difficult questions to answer, the 3million plus is nothing to what the tv licensee puts in and its always been argued that this is very suspicious indeed, it was eventually claimed to be for research and developement with 1million on programming but what research and what programming... that's when they went silent, this all stinks like a backhander that got exposed and to keep the lie up they had to keep it going... strange it happened after the Labour lost who the EU want to be back in the driving seat for many reasons - But hey that's just me speculating.

Last edited:

hmm.i think that we need to get the Sun into the equation. the Sun pushing for a No vote. after all, back in 1997, they supported the grinning money grabber blair and allowed him to destroy GB.

pity we can't resurrect de gaulle, franco, mussoline , and hitler. that would put a spoke on the wheels .

Yes. A nice piece of unbiased reporting from the Spectator. Small point of order; the use of the word 'secret'. Turns out it's not quite the secret they claim. They didn't need a FOI request to get this info. Even the Torygraph didn't come over quite as rabid. "The EU transparency register, where the payments are listed, states: “Grants are non-programme related projects undertaken by BBC R&D.”. So, no secret there then.

As for the whiny tone, it's not so long ago that we Scots were accused of being whingers and bad losers for pointing out BBC bias during the referendum campaign. Not the same thing?

At least Thatcher had bxlls.

More than the current "crop" of politicians, of ALL colours.

Yes, she had the #alls to destroy the county's ability to make stuff, she destroyed social housing, she decimated community's and entire industry's for political reasons, there's an endless list of her achievements.

Vote eunuch

Yes. A nice piece of unbiased reporting from the Spectator. Small point of order; the use of the word 'secret'. Turns out it's not quite the secret they claim. They didn't need a FOI request to get this info. Even the Torygraph didn't come over quite as rabid. "The EU transparency register, where the payments are listed, states: “Grants are non-programme related projects undertaken by BBC R&D.”. So, no secret there then.

As for the whiny tone, it's not so long ago that we Scots were accused of being whingers and bad losers for pointing out BBC bias during the referendum campaign. Not the same thing?

The BBC answer to...., sorry are supposed to answer to the licence payer and they are obligated to disclose any payments made to them other than from the licence payer, it is not for the licence payer to start digging through the EU Transparency Register to find these payments, as the BBC did formarly apologise and as an investigation was done into it, this in itself shows they didn't follow protocol.

To add to this the BBC's charity arm 'BBC media action' also received over 9million from the EU and this WAS for delivering key parts of the EU's political strategy in the countries that are on the fringe of the EU, IE ...Us, at the time this was brought up in parliment as it placed the BBC in a position that it couldn't be seen as impartial and especially as this was on the run up to the elections.

In answer the BBC said the charity side is totally independent and has no influence on the BBC itself.... its a strange statement to make when the board of trustee's is chaired by Fran Unsworth, who is the director of the World Service Division and also deputy Director of Current Affairs (relating to the period 2011 - 2014)... the whole conflict of interest was openly discussed in parliment and following the Elections there was many claiming the BBC were actually biased and were guilty of pushing EU propaganda.

Even today I see the reports been biased to the EU with more featured commentary from members supporting the in campaign compared to coverage of those supporting the out, it was only the other day they show 3 people discussing staying in and why its good for over 5 mins then at the end they took a sound bite about a reason to leave with less than 20seconds.. Yes they show both sides but disproportionately and they are selective to who they choose to show.

All politicians are just in it for the money it's simple get paid for doing nothing get a nice pension for 3 years service retired and have a nice pension, job done working live completed, fu?k the doctors and nurses doesn't matter they will work for next nothing as they are in a caring roll so they just do what They have to do work long hours and get paid no overtime and get ****ed on by the government
Simple it's got to be sorted grassroots not let the wan? Ers get you

Yes, she had the #alls to destroy the county's ability to make stuff, she destroyed social housing, she decimated community's and entire industry's for political reasons, there's an endless list of her achievements.

Vote eunuch

A policy continued by Blair and Brown too, and the SNP until recently....

margaret thatcher introduced the right to buy policy. so a family bought their council house. 1 less house available for rent, but also 1 less family wanting to rent. ​ergo, no reduction in ther balance of rentals to tenants.

margaret thatcher introduced the right to buy policy. so a family bought their council house. 1 less house available for rent, but also 1 less family wanting to rent. ​ergo, no reduction in ther balance of rentals to tenants.

So to follow that logic if everyone purchased their social housing there would be no need for any more social housing ?

No of course not .....

Now if the funds raised by the right to buy had been used (as was part of the original deal) to build replacement social housing we'd not have the chronic shortage we have today.

Right to buy was a bribe.

it's not a shortage of housing that's the problem; it's too many people

On that point I can only agree, glad there is a benefit cap on a third child after april 2017, that will stop the children for benefits culture. :)

muslims won't like it. 3 kids is 7 short .

I want to see Tax Credits calculations include all payments from the absent parent.....

Reply to EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net