Discuss Expected results? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Del Guajardo

I was just wondering what results I should be expecting to see in all of my dead and live tests. If someone could help me with a list or something it'd be much appreciated.

how long's a piece of string? or cable in your case. your results all depend on the length and csa of the cable for starters. you'll need to ask a more specific question for help.

how long's a piece of string? or cable in your case. your results all depend on the length and csa of the cable for starters. you'll need to ask a more specific question for help.

I just need a rough guide not specific results down to the decimal point. Like low ohm, high ohm etc.

As Tel says its impossible to give a one size fits all reading. One tip though is, you can look in the green book for guidelines on what is and isn't acceptable for certain tests.

As Tel says its impossible to give a one size fits all reading. One tip though is, you can look in the green book for guidelines on what is and isn't acceptable for certain tests.

That's the word I was trying to dig out, guidelines! Yeah I'll have a scan through my OSG. Cheers fella.

What course are you doing? The tutor should have explained this in detail before you are ever expected to install and test circuits.

Reply to Expected results? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I removed a fuse and before reinserting did the following tests using test lamps. Live side - Neutral = 230V, Dead side - Neutral = 0V, Live side...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am in the process of training to be an electrician and have a question. When filling out a EIC for a new circuit am I required to test...
Replies
Views
Hi Can anyone clear up or explain in a bit more detail what could potentially be causing the results I have. I have just tested a 32a ring main...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone, I was taught when carrying out Zs testing to test both L-PE and L-N and record the highest result of the two tests for my Zs...
Replies
Views
Hey all, First post but have read up a lot over the last few months as I have been prepping for my AM2s which I sat last week and thought I done...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock