Discuss Fire Alarm cert and Minor works cert in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rob121

Evening all.
Recently became a DI with the NIC. Just got my first batch of certs through and had some simple questions.
The fire alarm cert has some tests on there such as sound levels etc. Are we actually required to do these tests on a domestic installation? Ive fitted plently of alarms before but have only ever done usual tests including functional tests on alarms.

One other question, Obv work in a kitchen requires notification. Ive been asked to install 2 sockets in a conservatory. The ring supplies all the DS sockets including the kitchen. So when I extend the ring, would this be notifiable because it also supplies the kitchen?

Thanks,

Rob

Reply to Fire Alarm cert and Minor works cert in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening all, I just wanted to see if electrical improvers/adult trainees with appropriate levels of experience and who hold testing...
Replies
Views
Required asap for price work. No of Workers: 2 Location: Brighton & Hove Description of Work: Installation of 230v operated, radio linked smoke...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, This is my last question/post for tonight, promise. Please can I ask for a little advice on certificates as I am now questioning...
Replies
Views
Morning all. I was chatting with another spark the other day and he’s telling me I’m making excessive work for myself by issuing minor works...
Replies
Views
Hi, can someone give me some advice RE completing a small works certificate for a fused spur coming from a ring final. 1) In part 2 of the AMD2...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock